Recently I wrote about how to reflect on yourself. The blog is about the changes in seasons from summer to autumn and what you can do to change your mindset. Now autumn is almost changing into winter. This period is also a time to adjust yourself and accept the changes in life.
When I wrote that blog, the COVID-19 situation was improving. It even looked like there was a chance ‘normal’ life would come back. In the Netherlands, there was no lockdown anymore, no mouth masks were used and people could gather again. In October things were changing again and the amount of people who were positively tested on COVID-19 was increasing quickly. Those numbers were only increasing and have never been that high since the pandemic started. Of course, in autumn I did expect an increase because many people get sick at this time of the year. But that it would increase that quickly, I didn’t expect. So here we go again…
For such a long time I could stay positive and make the best of this situation. But now I felt a bit hopeless for a moment. Because I miss my family and friends who are living abroad. I still can’t visit them and I don’t know when it is possible again. That is my only concern at the moment. I don’t need the normal life to come back again. I hope we have all learned from this situation and make a better life after this pandemic. So I still make the best of it and try to find other ways to be more in touch with my family and friends.
Tips to stay positive
I would like to share some tips for you to stay positive in this situation:
- Be grateful for what you have right now. A home, food and your family.
- Live in the moment. Don’t think too much about the past and the future. You are living now, in the present moment.
- Make time for yourself. Do what you like to do on a daily basis. It can be writing, reading, exercising, drawing, cooking or meditating.
- How is your health? If you don’t have any issues, you are lucky. Your health is very important and if you have good health, you can be grateful.
- Take good care of your health. Be aware of what you eat and drink, if you get enough exercise and that you limit the amount of stress in your life.
- Do something nice for someone else without expecting something in return.
- End your day with writing down three things that you are grateful for.
- Remind yourself that after the rain, sunshine will always come.