‘Own your morning, elevate your life’, wrote Robin Sharma in his book the 5 AM Club. In this book you follow the story of a billionaire, entrepreneur and an artist. They slowly change their habits by waking up early in the morning. Changing their mornings, changed their lives. This is also true for you.
Every morning is the start of a new day. You can choose how to start your day. Just be aware of this and make use of the power of a morning routine. What you do at the start of your day can set the tone for the rest of the day. By creating daily morning rituals, you start the day with self-care. It will help you to rise and shine and to start the day with positive energy.
So what can you do to start the day in a good way? There are different things you can do. Hereby a list with some suggestions. Choose and try the things that are matching you.
- Exercise. When you wake up, start with some heart-pumping exercise. The endorphins will give you a boost and you start the day in a happy way.
- Journaling. Write down your thoughts and feelings. It is suitable for everyone, not only if you struggle with anxiety, depression or stress. It will help you to improve your mental health and improve your mood. Buy a journal and a pen and make every morning some time for journaling.
- Learning. Make some time to learn something new. For example, a new language or programming. Nowadays there are so many apps you can use, like Duolingo or Drops.
- Reading. When you read a few pages per day you will finally finish that book that you have been reading for a long time. And if you start to read, you don’t want to stop anymore.
- Meditate. Start the day with some good deep breaths and clear your mind. It will improve your focus and mindset.
- Start your day with an intention. How do you want to feel today? What is the main thing you want to focus on? What do you want to improve?
- Listen to podcasts. Are you making your breakfast or preparing some lemon ginger tea? In the meanwhile, listen to inspiring podcasts.
I am curious about your morning ritual. What do you do in the morning to start your day in a good way? Please share with me.
One thought on “The power of a morning ritual”