The COVID-19 situation in the Netherlands is improving. Quickly now. Because more and more people in the Netherlands are getting a vaccination. Shops, restaurants, cafes and cinemas are open again. It seems like ‘normal’ life is possible again in a short time. Of course the basic rules need to be followed and things are not the same as before. But I also think we can’t go back to how it was before. This pandemic situation has brought awareness to everyone. It has changed something in ourselves.
For me, this situation brought me many good things. As I am a person who likes to go out, to experience and discover things and likes to do activities. I love to travel. But the situation forced me to do things in a different way. I had to travel to myself. It already started when I went to India last year for my yoga teacher training. I had chosen to lock myself up in a place for a month. To start the journey to myself.
When I came back to the Netherlands the first lockdown started. And now I was locked up in my own house. For me it was not a problem, having all the luxury and a stable internet connection, I could continue the things I like to do, but from home and online. Going out for a walk was possible, so that was enough for me. I made the best of the situation and had finally time to think about what I want in life.
So I am sure I am not the only one who used this time in a good way. Habit change is not easy. So if you have made some good habits now, keep those habits. Take care of your health. This situation has taught us how vulnerable life is. Take steps to maintain your body and soul. I would like to share some tips to keep the good spirit in your life after this pandemic situation is over:
- Go out for a walk every day. Rain, snow, wind or sunshine, just wear proper clothes and go out. Try to walk at least 30 minutes per day. Go alone and make a mindfulness walk of it or listen to a podcast. Go with a friend to talk about life or your goals in life.
- Eat healthy every day. A lot of veggies and fruits. Skip meat and animal based products. Eat vegan and have a plate full of colors.
- Practice gratitude. If you write down 3 things every day that you are happy with or grateful for, it gives you a positive mindset. You also feel what is important in your life.
- Go to bed on time and have a good rest. Don’t use a screen for about 1 hour before sleeping, but just take a shower or read a book.
- Meditate, even when it is 10 minutes per day. If you want to use an app, I would advise Headspace. Make time for yourself and connect with yourself.
Keep doing these things and let me know what your healthy habit is since COVID-19.