On the 26th of March 2022 between 20:30 and 21:30 Central European Time we turn off the lights for one hour. Millions of people around the world will switch off the lights to support nature and the planet. Do you also join us?
On the website of Earth Hour, they describe this as their mission:
In 2007, we encouraged people around the world to switch off their lights to call attention to climate change. More than a decade later, the climate crisis remains, made worse by another urgent threat: the rapid loss of biodiversity and nature.
Natural systems are vital for all our futures – and yet, the rate of global loss of nature during the past 50 years is unprecedented in human history. Nature not only provides us food, water, clean air, and other services worth over US$125 trillion a year – it is also one of our strongest allies against the climate crisis.
Today, Earth Hour aims to increase awareness and spark global conversations on protecting nature, tackling the climate crisis, and working together to shape a brighter future for us all.
If you stay at home, you can do one of these things:
- Switch off your lights.
- Have a candlelight dinner.
- Tune in to one of the virtual Earth Hour events.
- Camp in your backyard or living room.
- Organize a silent disco and dance for an hour in the dark!
- Grab your yoga mat and have a yoga practice in the dark.
- Enjoy a silent meditation in the dark for an hour.
- Grab your journal and write down what you can do to make a change in this world.
You can also check if there are events organized for Earth Hour in your country. You can check this website: https://www.earthhour.org/take-part/events. Please check your local COVID-19 guidelines before participating in a public event.
Enjoy Earth Hour 2022 and be the change.