Today, it is National Panda Day. A day with extra attention to one of the world’s unique bears. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most endangered animals. Their habitat is shrinking. Approximately there are less than 2.000 pandas left in the wild. They are not only cute and unique, but they also play an important role in the ecosystem of the Chinese bamboo forests, by spreading seeds and growing new vegetation. These bears have a low birth rate. The female pandas are only fertile two or three days in the year, so reproduction is difficult. So I would like to spread the word to protect these animals.
For me, it’s everyday panda day. It is one of my favorite animals. They are so beautiful and cute! Here are some activities you can do on Panda Day or any other day of the year:
- Put on your panda onesie, snuggle on the couch and watch a documentary or movie about pandas. Trail of the Panda, Born in China or Kung Fu Panda for example.
- Adopt a panda.
- Use #NationalPandaDay on social media.
- Watch cute videos of pandas on YouTube.
- Take care of your skin and use a panda facial sheet mask to give your skin a boost.
- Buy some cute panda stuff online. Check for example Shoppu.
Funny facts about pandas:
- They spend 14 hours per day on eating their favorite food, bamboo.
- They are born pink and blind.
- They like their own space.
- The scientific name for the panda is Ailuropoda melanoleuca, which means black and white cat food.
Have a pandatastic day!